Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Upgrade server, info on Licence transfer

Craig Le-Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Currently on WCS 7 which is a VM Server.  Due to the expansion of the wireless, require to upgrade the server to enterprise version.  If I remember right if the Server keeps the same name and I copy the database from the old server to the new server with same details there shouldn't be any problems with licence details, can anyone clarify this?

All licencees will be copied over and re imported in to from the backup file?

Or is there a way of backing up just the licence information seperaty to make sure the details stay?

cheers in advance

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Craig,

Yes you are correct License will be present in the backup.. i mean if you are taking the backup, then the license will get backedup as well.. no problem if we have the same hostname..(Same software version is recommended)

if not then..

To rehost the license you will want to send the license file along with an explanation that you need the license rehosted to the new hostname to licensing@cisco.com and they will get that done.

Lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra

====

please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question or was usefull

Regards
Surendra BG

sridhkri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The VMware machine should be at least minimum 4 GB RAM required, then try restore the DB and check the License. same issue I resolved after extending the RAM size, then it works fine.

Please make sure the Host name should be same in the old server and new server. while making new server shutdown the old server and try, it should work.

After done every thing check this location the license file should be updated or not. If it is empty then still the issue is there..

C:\Program Files\WCS7.0.x.x\webnms\licenses

Thanks and Regards

Sridharank

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card