Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Authentication with Gingerbread 2.3.6 Issue

ladislao2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I having some troubles with Web Authentication in a WLC 5508 version 7.2 to make authentication with the corporative phones, ANDROID GingerBread 2.3.6 model SAMSUNG GT-S7500L. When I try to connect to the VisitorsWirelessLAN in order to authenticate with web authentication the page never comes, in fact the phone never gets the IP. Anybody have the same behavior?? Cause I have an iPhone and I have not problems, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with ICS 4.0.1 and works perfect, is only with gingerbread that I am having this issue.

Best Regards.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Attach your config to this post and also let us know what SSID the phone is using to connect.  Have you tried it with OPEN authentication?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

One of the annoying points with Cisco is that Cisco only supports IE and FF as browsers for web auth.

"The GUI is fully compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 SP1 (or later) or Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 (or later). Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 (or later) and Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 (or later) are the only browsers supported for accessing the controller GUI and for using web authentication."

Reference: http://tiny.cc/v23tqw

In your case I would say the issue is browser/firmware related as everything works fine on iphone and other galaxy models.

You can try to read the troubleshooting web auth doc (http://tiny.cc/m63tqw) and try to isolate where the problem with your browser is and try to fix it.

(same troubleshoot document states that "Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later is the browser recommended for the use of web authentication. Other browsers may or may not work."!!!!!)

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card