cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird Issues with Aironet 1830i Mobility Express

Jed Crossley
Level 1
Level 1

Ive been using a new Aironet 1832i with Mobility Express 8.2.100.

I had some initial setup issues that took TAC about 3 hours to resolve, but I have had some fallout issues ever since. TAC said 8.2.100 was new and TAC hasnt had much experience troubleshooting it. (It has now been a few months, so I am hoping some more people have had a chance to play with it).

The biggest issue is the 802.11 a/n/ac Radio settings wont stick. I will set the channel width to 80MHz via the GUI and save the config. I notice a HUGE increase in overall wireless speed, but an hour or so later, performance decreases and when I go back into the GUI, it shows the radio is set back to the default 20MHz channel width. I have not been able to solve this. 

A physical sign that something isnt right, is the fact the AP light flashes RED, GREEN, AMBER, OFF, continuously. This error is supposed to mean not enough power to the AP (which shouldn't be the issue, although I am using POE) or it is a configuration problem. TAC said everything should be good, but even they couldn't reload the bootloader on the AP when we tried to factory default it. 

Any suggestions and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated it. I have spent way too many days (yes, days) of my life working on this.

4 Replies 4

aprod_y22
Level 1
Level 1

I had the flashing RED, GREEN, AMBER LED on a 1852 which I finally worked out was caused by not having anything configured in the Software Update screen. As soon as this was set and the AP restarted the LED stayed green.

Hope this helps with the LED.

What did you configure on the software update screen? Did you add a TFTP server?

The attached screen shot is all I see, and it looks like its a one time firmware update page.

Yes - In my case I did select TFTP and then entered an IP address & file path. I was then able to click the apply button, save the Config and reboot the AP.

It seems these settings are also used to download an image to any APs joining the Mobility Express WLC.

aprod_y22
Level 1
Level 1

The channel width changes could be the DCA scanning running. You can see if the auto channel width is set by looking at the "Best Channel Width" option on the "Best Practices" web page.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card