Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WEP Security Auth Type on AIR-CT5520-K9-8-2-130-0.aes & WLC-5520-K9

Hi team,

I want to validate if the code AIR-CT5520-K9-8-2-130-0.aes for a WLC-5520-K9 supports WEP security Metod for WLANs:

The link for the release notes is: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn82mr2.html

When I try to configure a SSID with WEP Security, the SSID is not propagate, but when I change the type of security to WAP or other... It works!!! I try to upgrade but same results and the older versions in Cisco Download portal are deferred.

There's any I can do to fix this issue or download older versions of AirOS for WLC-5520???

Thanks for your help

Nestor Gomez

6 Replies 6

Hi Nestor,

Under Static WEP parameters, choose the WEP key size and key index

Note:- The key size can be either 40 bits or 104 bits. The key index can be between 1 and 4. One unique WEP Key Index can be applied to each WLAN. Because there are only four WEP Key Indexes, only four WLANs can be configured for Static WEP Layer 2 encryption.

One of the Cisco's useful document for this is the following. Follow the instruction given in that:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/82135-wlc-authenticate.html

Please rate if this will be helpful. 

Hi singhkulbir29881

Thanks in advance for your response, based on your answer I have the next scenario:

1.  WLC-5520-K9 with AIR-CT5520-K9-8.2-130.aes

2. Two models of APs: AIR-AP1832I-A-K9 and AIR-AP2802E-A-K9

3. Two SSIDs with Static WEP Auth

Is this possibble to configure or there's any issue on this scenario????

Nestor Gomez

May I ask why you need to use wep? I use to break wep for fun many years ago ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Our customer is using wep on it's infrastructure a long ago... :P And they dislike changes... (Just a little bad)

I'd say ... crack open a wel crack utility and show them how easy to be owned might change their mind .. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

In Static WEP, key index can be between 1 to 4 so you cna define maximum 4 SSID's with static WEP. Your scenario looks good but you also need to do some settings on wireless client as well to make it work. Follow the instruction defined in link provided by me in my last reply.

Please rate if you find this is helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: