Views
Helpful
Replies

What does it mean 802.11(Mobile)?

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've two wlc4402 in the same mobility group and since yesterday, when I take a look at the client's page, I see some strange clients. Have a look at the attached document... The AP name is the IP address of the management interface of the other controller, the protocol is neither 802.11b or g or a, but it's displayed as 802.11(Mobile). I've never seen that in the past, does someone have an explanation? Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

And the client has got an ip address in the same network than the management interface ogf the wlc (10.233.1.*). On the SSID I do not authorize client with static IP, and there is no DHCP scope for the 10.233.1.* network. How can the client have an IP address in 10.233.1.*?

On the log file, I've this strange entry

Another strange log

Strange. You mentioned you have 2 WLCs. Is it possible that you configured auto-anchor ? (and possibly wrongly)

Please post the "Show run-config" of both your WLCs.

Hi Nicolas, here it is

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Generally when you see mobile it means the client did a layer 3 roam to the other controller. Check the client entry on the other WLC and se what it's status and address are

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

but if I look at the Uptime, the value seems to be very long for just a roaming.

Found it!

it was one of the access point which was misconfigured, was in the default-group under the AP Group settings. I placed it onto the correct AP group and now all is correct.

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card