Views
Helpful
Replies

whatsapp applictaion issue

abinaya.2.r
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have a local WLC cisco 5508 and an anchor WLC cisco 3504.

When guest users are  connected to the Guest WLAN and connected to whatsap, user can send/receive text messages but they cannot send/receive any attachments.

However  when same device on the same WLAN, they are able to send or receive attachments on email. Only Whatspp they are having issue.

This happens when the SSID is anchored to the 3504 WLC running on 8.5.131.0 code. But everything works perfect when the users are anchored to another anchor cisco 5508 WLC running on code   7.4.121.0.

Any whatsap or application specific settings to be done?

3 Replies 3

Hi

It was not exactly clear to me but I´d that this not related to the Wireless. I´ve seen things like this on my network as well but it was always security fault. Proxy, DNS (Umbrella) and perhaps Firewall are the most probably cause. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Do you, by any chance, have AVC enabled and are dropping WhatsApp traffic on the 3504?

Hi,

I don't think so issue is with the controller unless and until ur using Open DNS or ACL to restrict the access.

Might be some limitation on whatsapp application or port communication on firewall. 

Also i would like to say, Both of ur controllers are running in the buggy code. Better upgrade it to recommended one to avoid any other issues.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card