cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi 6 AP's (9115, 9117, 9120) with Mobility Express

jmprats
Level 4
Level 4

I read in data sheet that 9100 AP's are going to be compatible with Mobility Express in future releases.

I read in Mobility Express Release Notes 8.9.111.0 that Cisco Catalyst 9100 are compatible as subordinate AP's with Mobility Express. What does it mean?

Can I use them with a CAPWAP image conencting to a Mobility Express controller?

Has anyone tested? any problem?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately i dont have the latest APs from cisco ;)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/89/release_notes/b_ME_RN_89.html

If its written that 9100 are compatible iwth cisoc ME as subordinate AP then yes you can join it(CAPWAP) to ME WLC.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Subordinate ap means it can join a ME master ap, but can’t be a master ap. So to me, it means you would use a compatible aireos ME ap and then you can have a 91x0 join that controller.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
That means you need a 2800 (for example) running as Mobility Express master with 8.9.x or newer. Then the 91xx series can join to that 2800 as subordinate (client) APs.

The next few days/weeks a new image for the 91xx should be released, with ME Master capability (although with a new name, not anymore Mobility Express). It's the same software as on the 9800 WLC.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card