Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi problems with WLC 5500 and Psion teklogix 7535 G2

mathieuchartier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Maybe someone already have the same kind of problems. We have a wireless infratstructure where all devices works fine, except our Teklogix scanner for the warehouse. They never seems to have a good quality signal. The singal quality always move from good (90%) to bad (sometime 0%) even in some zone that have coverage. Maybe we have to adjust some settings to accomodate theses devices, but all our tests went bad and the company that support the devices dosen't help us really well...

It seems that the device roams constantly...

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Means you only have problem with Teklogix scanners.

1. Check the drivers(may be they are old then u must update it).

2. Check this link: Radio Wifi does not work properly ? 

http://www.pulster.de/info/psion/workaboutpro/psion-teklogix-workabout-pro-faq-pulster.htm

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Matteo Comisso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mathieuchartier,

did you ever find a solution? I'm facing the same problem, I've already opened a TAC case but maybe you have a faster answer for me...

Thanks,

Matteo

Did you already contact the vendor/supplier and ask if there are any new driver/software packages available?

Which settings are currently in place on the client and are those in sync with the infrastructure side? Things to check are the used band/channels, roaming standards/parameters and also the configured data-rates. In the past I have seen some instability on older clients if the 11Mbit data-rate was not enabled (while they did support all the newer standards..). It is not unusual to use other RF-profiles for scanning areas where "older equipment" is being used.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

I wrote here the solution, maybe someone will face the same problem.

I have solved it setting the 1Mbps data rate as Mandatory for the specific RF profile.

I Usually disable all the data rates of 802.11b, leaving only the ones of 802.11g, starting from 12 Mbps (unless needed). But in this specific case I suppose that the device evaluates the network based on the 1Mbps data, or something similar so... I have no choice, until I have these old devices.

If I disable the 1Mbps, or if I make it "supported" and not "required", the devices are facing the described issue, roaming without pause from AP to AP.

So... problem solved!

Matteo

Hi Matteo,

How did you configure the data rates 2, 5,5 and 11? Supported or mandatory?
And how did you configure the 802.11g data rates?

Thank you,
Samuele
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: