Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wired Guest Multicast Support ?

Is this feature available any latest WLC code ? Config Guides does not clear on this.

I found below config example  for WLC 4.x  & it stated this feature is not supported. Not sure if behaviour was modifed in any later release. I  have checked with 7.x & seems not working.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808ed026.shtml         

Is there any way to get multicast working on wired guest (even in single controller environment) ?

Regards

Rasika

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You talking about Bonjour?

Hi Leo,

No, Normal wired guest user (like wireless guest users, we can create wired guest users traffic send to a anchor controller & then get an IP in a guest-lan configured on that)

My test setup is simple & having single WLC. I have crated a Guest LAN on a 4402 controller with vlan 139 as ingress (purly L2 & no gateway defined) & egress interface as vlan 130 (proper L3 gateway & DHCP defined)

When a PC put into vlan 139 switch port it  is getting IP from vlan 130 as expected . Can browse with web pass through as I configured L3 security like that. I would like to know whether I could get multicast working for this wired guest user.

Hope that clear

Regards

Rasika

We don't have any anchor controllers.

All our staff, student and guest access (wired/wireless) goes through a series of proxy servers, RADIUS and F5 load balancers.

And we use 802.1x for wired and wireless.  We have no MAB on wireless.

thanks Leo for the response. So you are not using a WLC at all for wired guest user service.

In my case all wireless guest traffic goes to Anchor & I am looking to do the same for wired guest. It is my interest to see whether multicast service is working in this scenario.

Rasika

Nope.  Not for wired.  Wired guests go straight to a proxy server.

sahseth
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: