Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless - access points

Pravin Pillai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have a question. Can we find out about the type of antenna used in an AP by logging into AP. I am looking for any physical survey or assessment. I am looking for is a bunch of commands which could be used to identify the antenna type by issuing these commands on AP

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There is no command for these:

You will have to physically inspect it.

Since the antenna will just convert it into electromagnetic wave, there is no way to determine what is the type of antenna that is connected to the AP.
In addition under the radio interface of the AP (aIOS) or on the WLC you can label the antenna you are using.
Over CLI on aIOS APs, under the radio there is this options
"antenna gain ____"

on WLC under each radio settings, there is he option and it is even available on the WCS.

hope it helps!

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can find out the anteena name and number from WCS or NCS .

In WCS/NCS , you can not only label your antenna type, but you can actually choose it from a pull down menu.  

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

No you cannot do with ios command but i would suggest that you follow the data sheet for supported antennas and by looking at them you can easly find the type of antenna used with the AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card