cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Anchor configuration software version 8.1.131.0

justin.devos
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded our Flex 7500 WLC to software version 8.1.131.0 for the requirement to be able to configure Anchor controller redundancy. Now I can see on this version of code, you can set an anchor controller priority to 1-3 (1 being the highest and 3 the lowest) Let me illustrate my coming question with an example 

Example:  

Anchor controller A - IP: 10.10.10.10 (priority 1) 

Anchor controller B - IP 10.10.10.11 (priority 3)  

Does this mean anchor controller traffic will be send on a 3:1 ratio between the two anchors? Or does it mean that all anchor traffic will be sent to controller A until it becomes unavailable? The latter is what I actually desire, as controller B is not local but sits across the WAN, I would like to avoid sending anchor traffic across the WAN if possible. 

Thanks, 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All guest clients are sent to anchor controller with highest priority in relation to local internal WLC. If an anchor fails, guest clients will be sent to the next highest priority or round robin if remaining anchors have same priority value.

Refer link : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-1/configuration-guide/b_cg81/b_cg81_chapter_010011100.html#concept_C25B66EA24BB4D439AE4B712F41CE35B

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All guest clients are sent to anchor controller with highest priority in relation to local internal WLC. If an anchor fails, guest clients will be sent to the next highest priority or round robin if remaining anchors have same priority value.

Refer link : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-1/configuration-guide/b_cg81/b_cg81_chapter_010011100.html#concept_C25B66EA24BB4D439AE4B712F41CE35B

Many thanks:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card