cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless AP inventory of Serial Numbers.

rcancel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I have a 6506 with an integrated Wism. Is there a way to do a "show inventory" that allows me to see all the serial numbers of my APs. I would like to see it in a list format so I could copy paste it into a spreadsheet. Any other methods?

I don't have cisco works.

Any Clues would be greatly appreciated!!

Reinaldo

12 Replies 12

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

do you have WCS? You can pull an inventory list from WCS.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

We're a small shop of only 200 wireless units. I don't have WCS either.

You know you can get a 30 day demo from Cisco

so drop into the CLI of the controller and do:

>show ap summary

AP Name             Slots  AP Model             Ethernet MAC       Location          Port  Country  Priority

------------------  -----  -------------------  -----------------  ----------------  ----  -------  ------

XX-4-215-1142        2     AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9    c4:7d:4f:3a:1c:xx  default location  LAG   US       1

XX-4-105-1142        2     AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9    c4:7d:4f:3a:bc:xx  default location  LAG   US       1

XX-4-406-1142        2     AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9    c4:7d:4f:3a:1d:xx  default location  LAG   US       1

XX-4-221-1142        2     AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9    c4:7d:4f:3a:1c:xx  default location  LAG   US       1

If you find this helpful, please be so kind and rate helpful post !

EDIT -- Wait you want serial number right ! BRB

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

(WiSM-slot7-1) >show ap inventory XX-2-307B-1142

NAME: "Cisco AP"    , DESCR: "Cisco Wireless Access Point"

PID: AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9   ,  VID: V01,  SN: FTX14XXXXX

NAME: "Dot11Radio0"    , DESCR: "802.11N 2.4GHz Radio"

PID: UNKNOWN,  VID:  ,  SN: FOC1XXXXXXX

NAME: "Dot11Radio1"    , DESCR: "802.11N 5GHz Radio"

PID: UNKNOWN,  VID:  ,  SN: FOC1XXXXXX

Only problem is you have to do 1 ap at a time ... Still checking if there is a command you can list it out ...

Hey George,

Did you see the new 1040 AP?

Hey Leo,

No, have you ?

We just took delivery of 325 (3502 Clean Air APs).

Hey George,

Cut-down version of the 1140 but 50% cheaper (retail) compared to the 3500i.

Wow.  That's alot of 3500!  He he he ...

Yea, i heard that as well.. But they dont do clean air right ? And they are 2x2s, no ?

Sorry bud i dont see a command that list out the serial numbers:

It would be easier to drop into the gui and look them up there OR download a 30 day WCS trial and you can pull an inventory report.

I thought about the trial thing too, looks like that's my only quick option right now.

Thanks for the try!

no worries ... good luck!

Use the command Sh ap inventory all on the controller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: