Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless bridge to bridge question

Quoc Le
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to shoot wireless to an area using 4 wireless bridge to will be connected  like this bridge >> bridge >> bridge >> brdige ?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure... but your two middle bridges are back to back.  Is there ar reason you want to do it that way and not do point to multipoint?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It will be more like from 1  pole to another pole to another pole that are 1/8th from each other?

Well what bridge are you going to use? I guess I need to know what your really trying to do with what equipment. I have never seen something like that and maybe using mesh is what you should be using.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

For extending wifi to outdoor enviornments, or have multiple facilities/distributed campus covered, you can select among these two approaches.

1. P-to-P/P-to-MP bridge links. (I would recommend multiple P-to-P rather than P-to-MP for better results).

Basically idea would be like this:

(wired)----RB------wifi------NR-B---(wired)----RB--------wifi---------NR-B

This topology depicts two P-to-P links.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058f53e.shtml

2. Second outdoor Mesh, this would need just one outdoor mesh ap plugged to wired backbone and rest all mounted outdoor and powered, they would converge up to the parent(wired) using a sort of wireless routing protocol called AWPP (Cisco Prop), And provide client connectivity over 2.4 Ghz band. (Platform 1550 series)

i am sharing the design guide here for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/7.0/design/guide/MeshAP_70.html

Thanks..

Sahil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card