Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless & Cisco Phones - 9971

Hello, I am trying to get my 9971 to work with our corporate wireless.  We have been able to get it connected and working but the problem is that it will periodically drop connection from wireless and then reconnect.  I have great signal (full bars) but it continually happens (4 times in the time it has taken me to write this) and on the wireless side we get the following errors:

Feb 24 15:57:48 xxx-xxx-01 xxx-xxx-01: *apfMsConnTask_7: Feb 24 15:57:48.403: #APF-3-CHECK_SUPP_RATES_FAILED: [PA] apf_utils.c:210 Could not check supported rates. Invalid Supported Rates from station . Length :0. Mobile MAC: 40:55:39:ad:7a:71.

Feb 24 15:57:48 xxx-xxx-01 xxx-xxx-01: *apfMsConnTask_7: Feb 24 15:57:48.403: #APF-4-ASSOCREQ_PROC_FAILED: [PA] apf_80211.c:5912 Failed to process an association request from 40:55:39:ad:7a:71. WLAN:1, SSID:*****. message with invalid supported rate.

Any ideas?
8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Could not check supported rates. Invalid Supported Rates from station 

What data rate is the WLC configured for?

For the 2.4 range

24 is mandatory, everything below is disabled. Everything up to 54 supported

For the 5 range

24 is mandatory, everything below is disabled. Everything above is supported

Is it possible to test with enabling 12Mbps rate also as mandatory. It is recommended to enable that data rate as mandatory in 9971 deployment guide. I would like to see if you enable that data rate above error dissapear or not.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/deployment/guide/9971dply.pdf

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

I've got almost 90k messages like these every day, and I'm not sure if they are just cosmetics and If I should ignore them

Yesterday = 87754 syslog traps

APF-3-CHECK_SUPP_RATES_FAILED:

24 is mandatory, everything below is disabled. Everything above is supported

Bingo!  I can guarantee this won't work. 

997X, 7921/7925/7926 phones require a minimum of 12 Mbps (default setting on the phone) data rates.   

If you disable the WLAN data rate of 12 Mbps then the 7921/7925/7926 phones can join the WLC.  You can RING outside lines but minute the remote end picks up the phone, the call drops immediately.  Same goes when someone calls the 7921/7925/7926 phones.  The phone will ring fine but the moment you answer the call, the call drops immediately.

Hi 

Have you fixed your issue i am facing same issue?

dmurech0488
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if you got anywhere with this issue.  We are facing possibly the same problem as you.  We have about 30 of these phones deployed on our wireless network and we have dropped calls and one way audio.  We have the devices operating on 5 GHz only and have 3 primary APs in the area and about 3 more in the surrounding space.  We have data rates 12 and 18 set for mandatory, allowing 6 and 9 (TAC recommendation) and disabled 36 - 54.

We are set up almost identical to the deployment guide for the 9971.  We had to disable CAC as it was causing issues.

Any feedback is appreciated.

This is a different issue.  Kindly create a different thread so we can provide more assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card