cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless client not getting anchored to the anchor wlc after getting authenticated from the foreign wlc

atifali.zaidi1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

i have an issue wherein the wireless client is not able to get exported to anchor wlc after getting authenticated at the foreign wlc.  due to some ongoing issues we dont have GUI access to both the controllers and only have CLI access.

the SSID is 802.1x enabled and after authentication the client should get exported to the anchor wlc and then should have an IP from the internet only subnet on the anchor controller (the anchor wlc is acting as dhcp server and dhcp scope is created on it and enabled).  i have tried matching the ssid's on both the controllers but somehow the client gets APIPA address after getting authenicated successfully.

i suspect to be a config issue but not sure how to correct it via CLI , please help i am attaching all the relevant configuration from both the wlc's

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It looks good... can you verify that the SSID is configured identical and that the wlan on the anchor is anchored to itself?  

I would also create a test SSID that is open and map the same vlans you are using.  This way you are eliminating the complexity until you figure out the issue.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Is the interface on the ssid on the one wlc set to management, and the mobility anchor wlc set to the vlan for the appropriate network? Mobility anchor traffic traverses the management interface of the wireless controller in order for the anchor to work. You also mentioned GUI problems on the controller, are you getting TLS errors when accessing it via the browser? If so you may want to enable port 80 on the web ui just temporarily. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

atifali.zaidi1
Level 1
Level 1

It looks good... can you verify that the SSID is configured identical and that the wlan on the anchor is anchored to itself?  

I would also create a test SSID that is open and map the same vlans you are using.  This way you are eliminating the complexity until you figure out the issue.

-Scott

yes Scott i did this testing , and i just had to map the ssid on the foreign controller to ,management interface and it worked like a charm.

Glad to hear that it worked. Thanks for the follow up.
-Scott

Is the interface on the ssid on the one wlc set to management, and the mobility anchor wlc set to the vlan for the appropriate network? Mobility anchor traffic traverses the management interface of the wireless controller in order for the anchor to work. You also mentioned GUI problems on the controller, are you getting TLS errors when accessing it via the browser? If so you may want to enable port 80 on the web ui just temporarily. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card