Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Connectivity getting hanged.

pulkit.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing a strange problem in my WLAN Setup.

none of my wireless clients are able to associate with Wireless LAN but when I delete and create a new wireless profile in WLC 4404 clients starts associating with WLAN. every 2-3 days I had to delete and create wlan profile.

Is it related to IOS bug or any other problem? My Wireless LAN Controller image is AIR-WLC4400-K9-5-1-151-0.aes.

Thanks in advance.

Pulkit Sharma

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is there any specific reason to stay on 5.1 code?? if not please upgrade ur WLC to the latest and try to reproduce the issue..If we are stil able to see the issue, please feel free to post  and we are here to help you out!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Does upgrade changes the running configuration in the WLC. Let say version 5.1 to version 6.0 upgrade.

Regards,

Pulkit

AFAIK, 5.1 config back up it is XML format and also on the latest... Just to be on the safer side please take the config backup and then upgrade.. Why 6.0?? Go for 7.0.116

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Pulkit,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by Surendra is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards

If you are getting this issue after a software upgrade then check here,

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/637/fn63770.html

have you tried to boot options (using backup image)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/107530-backup-image-wlc.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card