Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Converged Access Mobiliity (New) between WLC 5508

Anjas Vaheed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3 WLC 5508 which is upgraded to the version 8.x and i can see this feature while checking on the web i can find that this new feature is required when we have new models of WLC 5760 or 3850 in the network and needs to communicate with 5508.

In my current scenario, i have only 5508, so my question is

1. can i enable this feature and use this feature between 5508 - if yes in the configuration i have to just create the mobility groups as in the old configuration and it should work right or is there any additional configurations is required?

Also in my current network fflexconnect is enabled and does enabling this will affect my flexconnect ?

Please advise.

Regards,

Anjaz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

If you want to you can migrate to new mobility without any issues, but you have to enable it on all of your WLC's at the same time. This will have no impact for your flex-connect communication or configuration and only influence the way tunnels between WLC's are being build. No changes needed in that configuration either.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

If you want to you can migrate to new mobility without any issues, but you have to enable it on all of your WLC's at the same time. This will have no impact for your flex-connect communication or configuration and only influence the way tunnels between WLC's are being build. No changes needed in that configuration either.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card