Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Flexconnection

rezende.c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In Cisco Wireless Flexconnection solution, can you tell me the difference between "Web Authentication ACL"  and "Web Policy ACL" .

Regards,

Claudio Rezende

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

WiFi Trainers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Claudio,

There is very little documentation which clearly explains this. However this is what I found:

Web Authentication ACL is used when you are using webauth as your Layer 3 authentication policy and you are pushing an ACL for this.

Web Policy ACL is used when you are using any other form of L3 authenticaion like web-passthrough, conditional re-direct etc.

This link acts as a good reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/flex-7500-series-wireless-controllers/113605-ewa-flex-guide-00.html

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Learn from the Best To be the Best!

Join us on LinkedIn to get access to our free tech-talks and training resources!!!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

WiFi Trainers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Claudio,

There is very little documentation which clearly explains this. However this is what I found:

Web Authentication ACL is used when you are using webauth as your Layer 3 authentication policy and you are pushing an ACL for this.

Web Policy ACL is used when you are using any other form of L3 authenticaion like web-passthrough, conditional re-direct etc.

This link acts as a good reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/flex-7500-series-wireless-controllers/113605-ewa-flex-guide-00.html

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Learn from the Best To be the Best!

Join us on LinkedIn to get access to our free tech-talks and training resources!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card