Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Guest Network Setup

sohailr81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have a wireless network using Cisco infrastructure (WLC 4402, WCS, thin clinet APs).

We also have guest wireless network and we are using a third party aplication for web authentication.

I am trying to setup wireless guest network using WLC and WCS and wolud like to remove the third party application.

I really don't know where to start. I am expecting a complete step by step kind of a information or atleast some use full hints and links.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sohail,

here is the step by step procedure to configure the Web auth using cisco WLC..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008067489f.shtml

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Dear Surendra,

Thank you for the reply, but I would use WCS instead of radius cuz its got the ability to manage both web authentication and guest user accounts.

What would be the network topology in WCS case?

Regards,

Hi,

Network topology will be.. WLC in DMZ, WLC inside network and a WCS to manage the WLC!! No special things!!

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

U mean to say to there will be 2 separate WLCs 1 in DMZ and other inside the network?

Regards,

Sohail

It depends!! If you want mobility and if you have multiple WLC then u can do this.. if u hav just one WLC, then the previous post is not required!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card