Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless guest with Anchor controller question

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm almost clear how to configure the Wireless guest using anchor controller however I have a question.

I have a centralized WLC and APs spread across locations in H-REAP mode.

I have few upcoming sites requiring local WLC due to number of APs on site. I also have a guest WLAN with webauth.

I planning to use the same guest WLAN (since I have centralized Internet breakout) through the central WLC using anchoring feature.

So far so good (I hope).

The question is whether I can use the same guest WLAN on the centralized (anchor) WLC by the foreign WLCs as well the APs already associtated to this controller? Since I need to anchor the WLAN on the central controller itself I don't know if it creates any problem for the APs associated to this controller directly.

Or

Is it better to setup a new WLAN for the guest WLANs being used by the foreign controllers?

Thanks

Krisztian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not a problem.

The remote WLCs will use the central WLC as anchor for the guest WLAN.

And on the central WLC, you have to configure the guest WLAN to anchor with itself (i.e. the central WLC).

I don't see a problem with that.

Regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not a problem.

The remote WLCs will use the central WLC as anchor for the guest WLAN.

And on the central WLC, you have to configure the guest WLAN to anchor with itself (i.e. the central WLC).

I don't see a problem with that.

Regards,

Nicolas

Thank you Nicolas.

I will try it out anyway soon so will see if there is any issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card