Helpful
Replies

Wireless issue on stacking 3850

Jorge Cantillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

I would like to know if you can help me with the following:

First issue: I have a stacking switch 3850 working as Mobility Controller. The IOS XE version is 03.06.03E. Servers are on VLAN 10 and wireless endpoints are on VLAN 51. There is no any ACL or inside firewall on it. From endpoints wireless I can ping the default gateway on vlan 10 (servers) however I cannot reach the servers (no ping/no reach). I did a test connected a host on the wired LAN on VLAN 51 and I can reach servers without any issue!

Second issue: Some wireless clients can reach Internet, other clients cannot. There are no any firewall restrictions!

I was thinking it was some bug on the IOS, however I have check on the cisco web site and the version running is a recommended one.

Do you have any idea how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Jorge

1 Reply 1

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jorge,

First issue: the SVI for VLAN10 on the 3850 is configured with an /27 subnetmask , it this correct? Check if the servers have this subnetmask configured as well and also have the IPv4 address 192.168.222.1 configured as their default-gateway. Do also check for static configured routes (with the "route print" command if it are Windows servers). Last but not least; you are sure that there is no firewall activated on the servers?

Second issue: the default route for the 3850 is pointing at the 192.168.222.3, how does the routing table of that router looks like? Make sure that there are no duplicated routes and that the 192.168.51.0/24 route is pointing towards 192.168.222.1. You are sure that the /24 network with DHCP scope is big enough for your client count?

Please provide an network diagram if there are still problems, I suspect asymmetric routing and ICMP redirects going on in your infrastructure.

Please rate helpful posts... :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card