cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless network

bobbymd19
Level 1
Level 1

hello community i have a question bout extending range of my wireless network with my e900 smart wireless linksys router i have my wrt54g router i formerly used i want to use to extend coverage does anyone know how to do this thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

2 Replies 2

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

You can deploy wireless in the mesh mode and follow the following link for guidance

http://www.htmlgraphic.com/creating-a-mesh-network-with-linksys-wireless-routers/

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

I would suggest you to conduct site survey first. Moreover Most wireless routers and  wireless adapters that have external antennas come with cheap  omnidirectional antennas (those that send the signals equally in all  directions). Replacing those cheap omnidirectional models with  higher-gain antennas (those that concentrate the signals in a specific  direction) can help increase your Wi-Fi range, especially if you have a  home or office that's narrow and extends predominantly in one direction  from the router's location. If that's the case, consider purchasing any  higher-gain antennas that the vendor recommends for your particular  router and/or wireless adapters

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card