cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Options for 1572 Access Points

Sean Coogle
Level 1
Level 1

We have some of the outside access points ready to go and they are the AIR-AP1572EAC-B-K9 models. They are on the same subnet as our 1552’s that we have had up for years. We have a DHCP option 43-1 in CNR for these to find our controllers, but we can’t get that same option to work for the 1572’s. They are coming online and getting an IP address, but go through the motions of recycling once the CAPWAP tunnel fails. We did try the 43-2 option like we use for the 3702’s, but that isn’t working either. Are we missing something?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe the MAC address of the APs are not in the MAC filter.

We do not use MAC filtering. I am currently upgrading code on the controller as this code was fairly old. I know there were some known bugs out there that did not allow CAPWAP to work on certain models. I will update in a few.

Leo,

You were correct in the MAC filtering. Been a long time since I was on this controller, but the MAC was not added and we used it for AP's on this controller. However, after verifying MAC is added and Option 43-1 is set, I do not see the 1572 join the controller. I have upgraded code to 8.0.140.0 from an old 7.6 code, but to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean

Ok, Sean.  Let's do the usual "song and dance". 

Kindly post the output to the following commands: 

1. WLC:  sh sysinfo; 
  2. WLC:  sh time; and
  3. AP:  sh version

So, last week we noticed that 3850 switches with code version 03.07.04E caused issues with CAPWAP traffic passing through it. In short, it don't work. Cisco TAC helped us with this using packet captures. That ended up being the same problem today. This 1572 ran through a 3850 and the CAPWAP traffic failed until we upgraded to 03.07.05E. This was our fix.

Thanks-

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card