cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM2 7.4 and WCS

Steve Chapman
Level 1
Level 1

I having an issue with WCS and the new code 7.4 on my WiSM2 blade.  When I try to refresh configuration from/to controller it fails.  I just upgraded from 7.01 and it worked before the upgrade.  

Is this not supported?  

I am able to change configuration from WCS to the WiSM2 and it works fine just cant copy config.

Thanks

Steve

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the release notes, even the latest WCS does not support WLC code beyond 7.0.  To be able to monitor your 7.4 WLC you'll need to migrate to Prime Infrastructure 1.2.1.12.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/release/notes/WCS_RN7_0_230.html#wp152663

PI Release Notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/1.2/release/notes/cpi_rn_121.html

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

do you know if prime 2.0 has been release yet?  or when if not?

Thanks

Steve

An announcement regarding CPI 2.0 will be made on January 2013.  It'll knock your socks off. 

Hey Leo - what happened to PI 1.3 mentioned at the top of the Download Page after selecting 7.4.100? I noticed in the Release notes it just mentions "Later Release" but no mention of either PI 1.3 or 2.0 that you mention.

Also - why can't I goole anything on this new "sock relocator" Some direction (or specific URL's) would be nice!

Thx //art

Art,

Can't say much except that a Cisco will be announcing something in the next few weeks (mid-January 2013).  Included in the list is CPI 2.0.

As for CPI 1.3, I've never heard of it.  Maybe it's a "stop-gap" or interim measure to support some new stuffs coming out in January 2013.

I've been encouraging people to WAIT until the announcement because it ain't like previous announcements.

Understood - thanks leo. Screenshot below of what I was talking about with regard to 1.3.

Priority really for me is that I've been "preparing" customers for the 7.4 controller release and in parallel moving (the ones that need it) off WCS to PI 1.2.  We've been "selling" this upgrade path for months now and now I need a PI 2.0 upgrade path.....more specifically, SKU ......and a little more selling time it looks like.

Thx again! //art

Art,

I saw that warning about CPI 1.3 but I scoffed at it because of the impending January 2013 announcement.

moving (the ones that need it) off WCS to PI 1.2

Don't.  Just don't.  When the announcement to CPI 2.0 comes out, look at the fine details, particularly the resource requirements.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card