cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM2 and VSS

ctychan
Level 1
Level 1

Can VSS support WiSM2 in IOS 12.2(33)SXJ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can two Catalyst 6500/Sup720-10GE in VSS mode support WiSM2?

Yes.

Current VSS config guide shown no WiSM2 support yet.

The WiSM-2 was released approximately 2 weeks ago.  It'll take time for the relevant business unit (BU) to update documentation(s).  Besides, have you noticed that Cisco's been releasing a slew of new blades for the 6500 lately?  This is because the last blade they'll be introducing is the VS-Sup2T (scheduled to be "released" on Cisco Live 2011 Las Vegas on June 2011).

What I'm getting at is that the new supervisor engine is also VSS capable. So the answer is still YES.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should.  You'll need SXJ as a minimum IOS for the Sup720 to recognize the WiSM2 blade.

leolaohoo wrote:

It should.  You'll need SXJ as a minimum IOS for the Sup720 to recognize the WiSM2 blade.

May be I asked in this way

Yes.

The WiSM-2 was released approximately 2 weeks ago.  It'll take time for the relevant business unit (BU) to update documentation(s).  Besides, have you noticed that Cisco's been releasing a slew of new blades for the 6500 lately?  This is because the last blade they'll be introducing is the VS-Sup2T (scheduled to be "released" on Cisco Live 2011 Las Vegas on June 2011).

What I'm getting at is that the new supervisor engine is also VSS capable. So the answer is still YES.

Thank you very much for the ratings. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card