cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2006 EEPROM

labtel
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a teatcher in the Technical High-School of Geneva.

We have a project in the laboratory with a CISCO AIR-WLC2006-K9 V1. Due a bug (CISCO Field Notice: FN-62555; http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62555.html) Bug in CISCO IOS, the EEPROM (contain MAC address, serial Number, …) was erased and now the device can't boot.

It's a never used equipment and CISCO won't repair this (don't support this, End of Live ?)

Does someone could copy the EEPROM of its controller and send me the file ?

Many thanks in advance !

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is a tough one..... I know that if you try to erase the configuration from the boot, it will corrupt your WLC and that will need to be replaced.  It happened to me when I first started playing around with the 2006.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

I cant remember if the 2006 and the 2106 are similar in hardware, but if I am not wrong while I was playing with the hardware of a 2106 I exchanged the flash card and what I notice was that it was stored on the flash card. So if maybe 2006 is having the same hardware structure, you can find another 2006 and copy the flash cards. If not then get a Cisco contract and request an RMA.

It's true, I must find an EEPROM but on the side of the Cisco product is no longer supported ! But we do not have money to buy a new WLC for Student's laboratory

Do you still have a wlc 2006 ?

if yes, would it be possible to have a copy of the contents of the EEPROM ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card