Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2054 the clients have packet loss

radwango1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

WLC is connected to trunk port on HP switch, wired ntwork is connected on the same network, the wireless network (laptop connected to the access point) suffer from problem of packet loss and no possibility to make skype or video converence.

any suggestion or help please

3 Replies 3

There is not an easy answer for this.

You may need to check end to end & see where is the problem occur. I would check if end to end QoS is implemented for this sort of sensitive applications

Below post should give a guidance, what to look for

https://mrncciew.com/2012/11/28/understanding-wireless-qos-part-1/

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

To add to Rasika's comments. There is not much to go by here, but at Microsoft we have seen issue with Skype due to client drivers and being on 2.4ghz vs 5ghz when channel utilization on the 2.4ghz was high.  I run a 2504 at home and I get on Skype calls with no issues but I also have no requirements for QoS.  

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Actually the problem now that the clients loos the connection to the AP some seconds and return after that, in this time the connection or ping show loss (unreachable) packet.

have u suggestion to the suggested solutions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card