Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 client only connects at 5.5Mbps for Single SSID

Gerry Egan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WLC2504 with three SSIDs configured and I have noticed that when my laptop connects to the main one it will only connect at 5.5Mbs. When I connect to the other two I get the full 72Mbps that my wireless card will allow. I have checked the SSID configuration but I cannot see anything that would cause this behaviour. Do you have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

Gerry.

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

5.5 Mbps?  That sounds like 802.11b.  Can you check your SSID configuration and ensure Radio Policy is set to "All"?

Hi,

I checked the SSIDs and all of them have all selected for the radio policy. Is there a command I can use to see how each SSID is configured so I can compare them and see whats different?

Gerry

Is there a command I can use to see how each SSID is configured so I can compare them and see whats different?

Try "sh wlan ssid".  Not sure, I don't have a WLC at home.  Scott would know, he's got a WLC at home.

Which security options are enabled on that SSID?

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Sometime it also happen due to co-channel interference, try by using setting up any other channel on 1st SSID and then check the connection speed.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Gerry,

I am not if its right or not but just check these :)

Check that are you using open aurhentication or WPA2/AES.

You can use a WLAN with NONE as Layer 2 Security or if you configure any Layer 2 security, 802.11n requires WPA2 AES enabled to operate at 11n rates.

May be u have diff security settings fro diff wlan.

Regards

Gerry Egan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions on this but the issue is now resolved. Unfortunately I am not certain what resolved it as it went away after about 2 weeks.

Thanks! 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card