Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 stopped working after Software upgrade

Jorge Hernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I updated the software (to version 8.0.110) of our WLC 2500 series (2504) today, it worked fine for about 1 hour then it crashed, it's blinking amber and green the SYS light and I can't ping it.

What can I do?

We need it to have version 8 so it can take new SSL certificates (new algorithm) so I cannot bring it back to 7.6

Thanks.

19 Replies 19

Thanks for your reply. Ok then if I understand it correctly than the reason because your WLC unexpectedly  rebooted was that the logs we killing your WLC?

If this is the case, then it could be the same problem in my case. Becasue during weekend and end of friday everything worked ok - then in monday when many clients connected (and also can be that more logs were generated) the WLC started to randomly reboot. Sometimes after one hour and another time after five hours....

I wiil give it a try - have nothing to loose.

Marek

IvanZluva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have some problem. I have 4 WLAN's. I use WPA key's for 3 WLAN's. Next one Wlan I have with web authentication. When I disable this Wlan WLC work corectly. I must use FW 8.0.110 (now is  8.0.115 I have not time to experiment with this FW). I have mix of AP's: 1142, 1602 and 1702. I must use FW 8.0.xxx for detection AP 1702.

Ivan

Explain what you mean by work correctly?  I have a 2504 running 8.0.110.0 with no issues. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Interesting... We have 3 WLANs - one Radius authenticated, one WPA2-PSK and the last one is Web-Auth. The hardware (except 1142 - we have only 1600 and 1700) and software is the same. Ok the I will take a look first on the logs and then I will play with the Web-Auth WLAN.

Thanks.

Marek

Disabling web authententication on the guest wlan solved it also for me - it is strange but after disabling the web authentication it is stable for about a week. Now I am trying to replicate the problem in lab.

Thank you!

Marek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card