Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC-5508 Authorization failed to create SSID

xs.gautam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have two WLC-5508 for 50 AP's deployed. One is primary controller & other is secondary.

Recently noticed an unknown "authorization failed, no sufficient privileges for user" message poping up while making configuration changes

in WLC. Specificly when trying to create an new SSID. WLC Authentication is local. This message poped up earlier once or twice but it didnt prevent

from making changes that time.

How to troubleshoot ?

Regards

Gautam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have any radius configured on the WLC by chance. If so can you make sure you don't have management checked there. I have not seen that issues with the 5508 and any of the 7.x code as of yet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have any radius configured on the WLC by chance. If so can you make sure you don't have management checked there. I have not seen that issues with the 5508 and any of the 7.x code as of yet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Did you configure privilege user account on TACACS to manage specific WLC feature.

Security>> priority order>> management user>> do you see only local and or tacacs.

Help!

I have Cisco 5500 Version 7.5
I log in using the admin settings Security >> priority order >> management user >>.
But can not save save config

Menu

Security >> priority order >> management user >>

Thank you

Thanks Scott, I just found that management box was checked . Issue is resolved now.

Where is this management box?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card