Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 7.4.100.0 Downgrade

marco_bartulihe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Some time ago I updated a WLC, model 2504, from version 7.3 to 7.4.100.0. I also update the FUS (Field Upgrade Software) to the latest release, 1.8.0.0.

Now I need to downgrade the WLC back to 7.3 version.

My doubt is: Can I just take the normal processes and downgrade the WLC back to 7.3, even with the FUS in version 1.8.0.0?

Tks guys,

Bartulihe

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yeah fine

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make sure to rate correct answer

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to downgrade, then I'd recommend that you erase your config.  This is because there are configs from the 7.4 that the 7.3 wouldn't understand.

Under normal circumstances, this should be fine.  But there are some cases that this can cause issues.

Leo,

I do it all the time especially when I beta test. So far I have not had any issues downgrading, but I always double check the config to make sure that the config hasn't changed. Now this could be because of issues I had in the past or when testing beta code, but even when I upgrade, I still check to make sure. There were a few code versions that did change some if my settings back to default.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

5 Replies 5

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yeah fine

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make sure to rate correct answer

Thanks for the help!!!!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to downgrade, then I'd recommend that you erase your config.  This is because there are configs from the 7.4 that the 7.3 wouldn't understand.

Under normal circumstances, this should be fine.  But there are some cases that this can cause issues.

Leo,

I do it all the time especially when I beta test. So far I have not had any issues downgrading, but I always double check the config to make sure that the config hasn't changed. Now this could be because of issues I had in the past or when testing beta code, but even when I upgrade, I still check to make sure. There were a few code versions that did change some if my settings back to default.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank u Scott!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card