cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC client tx power configuration

pverkennis
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that want their clients to transmit at 10mW only. Is it possible to configure client tx power from the WLC?

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 I have a customer that want their clients to transmit at 10mW only

Can be done on each individual wireless client and not on the WLC.  The WLC can't do anything to influence what power wireless client can transmit on. 

This will need to be done using SCCM deployment with the help of a registry file.  

Good morning.

Thank you for your responses! My customer is trying to control the client transmit power due to a high density installation and the only way I knew of doing this with CAPWAP AP's & DTPC is to statically set the AP power and enabling CCX. I just wanted to make sure there was no other way I was not aware of.

Thats assuming you clients are all CCX complaint too. Not all devices are. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Understood, thank you.

Good morning.

The reason the client transmit power of 10mW came about is my customer wants a Prime infrastructure 5GHz predictive site survey reflecting AP coverage for clients transmitting at 10mW using 2702i AP’s. Please correct me if I’m wrong but even though I can set the predictive survey AP’s to 10dBm (10mW), it is my understanding that 10mW is not an available transmit power on the 2702i (please see the 2700’s available transmit powers below). If this is the case, I would think that setting the predictive survey AP’s at 10mW would not be a "best practice" design as the client & AP transmit powers would not match.

5 GHz

• 23 dBm (200 mW)
  • 20 dBm (100 mW)
  • 17 dBm (50 mW)
  • 14 dBm (25 mW)
  • 11 dBm (12.5 mW)
  • 8 dBm (6.25 mW)
  • 5 dBm (3.13 mW)
  • 2 dBm (1.56 mW)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It all honesty Ive designed a ton of wifi networks. Some are high density and ultra high density. The key to these designs if channel separation and channel reuse. If you are on the 5 GHz side there is an abundance of channels to use, unlike 2.4 GHz. Even in ultra HD, like stadiums, only use 20 Mhz channels for this very reason. I think its a waste of their time to even consider this because its out of their control. Just my 2 cents. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, can't be accomplished. Clients are a mix bad of fruit nuts to be honest. Specific to the request, what are they trying achieve ?

bradpitt3423
Level 1
Level 1

1.You have to choose wireless > Access point > Radios > 802.11a/n or 802.11/g/n and the to opened the 802.111a/n radios page.

2.The curvor over head of the blue drop-down arrow mark and access point has been modify radio configuration and then choose your config point.

3.To spifely the value for global

4.From the antenna drop-down point list to be choose internal or external specify type It's has to been antennas access point radio.

5.the RF signal assignment area data the custom assignment method of drop down chennal.Under RF channel assignment then choose access point radio.

6.The text power access level assignment radio area, to choose custom text power of assignment drop-down list again tranmit power level

7.The drop down transmit power level status list has to been enable this config for the access point.

8.To Click the apply button.
9.Click Save Configuration.

Hadoop Training in Chennai | Informatica Training in Chennai | Aws Training in Chennai

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card