Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC code 7.6.120.0 on 5508 controller

Robert Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I'm looking for stability information on 7.6.120.0.  I have recently been told by TAC that an issue I am having is resolved in 7.6.120.0 and seeing as it is the newest version of 7.6 I want to make sure that there are not connectivity issues for clients and there are no issues on MESH network.

The controller is a 5508 running 7.6.100.0 and has many mesh links. the roots are 1522 and 24 and the mesh APs are 1522, 1524 and 1242.  The bug that is being fixed is CSCui86001.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes 7.6.120.0 version is ok :

Please check for open caveats :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn76mr02.html#pgfId-1163066

Regards

this one worries me as those are the types of SSIDs I use. I am not currently having it in 7.6.100.0

CSCun62368

Symptom : Wireless client connectivity problems on 802.1x-enabled SSIDs with release 7.6.

Conditions :

• Release 7.6
  • Error: Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_4: < date and time> < mac_address> failure in apfMsUserNameSet, rc: 1.

Workaround : Reboot the controller.

I cannot just reboot this controller as I have wire VoIP devices that rely on the mesh connections.

I was also hoping to hear from people who are using this release in Production and if they have had issue or if it has been stable.

Yes this issue is resolved in 7.6.120.0.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun62368

This is pretty new version so not many have this is in production.

Suggest: Always keep the second highest version for your controller , its a best practice to have because of new bugs in new version .

You have 2 bugs, one in 7.6.100. and othe rin 7.6.120.0. 

Regards

SO to fix on thing I need to go to 7.6.120.0 but that could cause me issues. 

If you had to choose between 7.6.110.0 and 7.6.120.0 which on would you choose as the one I have right now is deferred.

I think you should go to with 7.6.120.0.

Regards

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Best bet is to load in a lab and then slowly push out. Sometimes the bugs listed may never impact you, instead you may find yourself finding the undocumented ones. I have a friend in mining who has a large mesh network and I understand he is on 7.6.120.0.

I don't have any mesh on my controller with 7.6.120.0.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Unfortunately my company does not have a lab environment I would love to but the funds are not there.

Have you had any issue with client access on your controller?

The bug I pointed out below actually will not affect me as I don't use NAC on my SSIDs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card