cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Code 8.3.121.0 on 5520 Experience

Ryan Curry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I want to push the 8.3.121.0 code to my 5520 due to the 3802s playing nice with Aeroscout in this code version.  Is anyone running this code on that platform and has it been stable?  I told my organization that I wanted to wait at least a month after release before going to it just to make sure it's stable.  So far I'm not seeing any negative experiences, but I'm also not seeing any positive.  Just looking for feedback.

TIA!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Contact Cisco TAC and ask them to publish the 8.3MR2 Escalation image.  When they ask why, tell them it's for CSCve20123.  

View solution in original post

Ryan, 

DO NOT, under any circumstances, load 8.3.121.4 (Escalation Image).  There is a strong chance 8.3.121.4 will degrade your voice SSID.  

There are some discussions about this development HERE.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have any wireless VoIP in the network?

Yes, we are running 7925G phones on the 5Ghz band.

Contact Cisco TAC and ask them to publish the 8.3MR2 Escalation image.  When they ask why, tell them it's for CSCve20123.  

Thanks Leo, I'll be sure to hit TAC up for this image.  I greatly appreciate the insight!

Ryan, 

DO NOT, under any circumstances, load 8.3.121.4 (Escalation Image).  There is a strong chance 8.3.121.4 will degrade your voice SSID.  

There are some discussions about this development HERE.

Thanks for he head's up, I'm glad I waited.  Part of me was concerned with running an escalation image in our production environment for fear of something like this coming to light.  You're a hell of an asset to these boards!  By the way, that Genesis IT post is actually mine that I posted from our organization CCO account, not my personal one (which is this one).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card