cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC DCA 2,4 GHz

battanc
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best strategy for DCA configuratiuon a WLC in an environment with heavy interference on the 2.4 GHz band (Protocols 802.11/b/g)?
Select only 3 non-overlapping channels, or select all, so to let the WLC select a channel to minimize interference?

3 Replies 3

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I would suggest letting the WLC does it job and use the default settings,  channels 1,6,11

Enable CleanAir if  your APs are supported.

A few items you can play around with and test to see if it helps your network.  I suggest enabling one at at time and monitor to see if they help.

• enable Avoid Foreign AP interference
  • Avoid non-802.11b nose
  • Avoid Persistent Non-Wifi Interference

• Event Driven RRM  enable EDRRM

Here is a link to Cisco best practices if you are interested.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/wlc/82463-wlc-config-best-practice.html

I hope this helps

Hi,

I don't remember the default (channel 1,6, 11 ?).

So you suggest not to enable all channels, so that the WLC choose channel also according to "external" interference?

Hi,

Yes you are correct the default channels are 1,6,11. and yes I don't recommend enabling the other channels. since the overlap with other channels.

Non-overlapping channels (1,6,11) work better than overlapping channels. With overlapping channels, you step on each other and can't do anything about it. With non-overlapping channels, you see each other and share the bandwidth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card