Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC HA cluster add license extension

Gura24
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an issue to add my license extension (5APs) in a WLC HA cluster! I really don't know how I can do this in CLI (GUI isn't reachable)!

WLC1 (pri) ------------------------- WLC2 (sec)

WLC Cluster IP

I have tried to add the license on Primary (WLC1) but this controller don't know the command " license install tftp://...." !

I hope someone can help me!

Cheers

Markus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andy Wallington
Level 1
Level 1

Off the top of my head it sounds like the HA Pair has failed over to the secondary and you cannot install licenses to this device. Fail it back to the primary and then try adding the licence.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gura24
Level 1
Level 1

Error message on WLC2 (sec):

"Error:Unable to add Licenses on secondary Controller.."

Andy Wallington
Level 1
Level 1

Off the top of my head it sounds like the HA Pair has failed over to the secondary and you cannot install licenses to this device. Fail it back to the primary and then try adding the licence.

Thx for quick response!!!

Is "redundancy force-switchover" the right command?

One more question ;)

If I add a new license to WLC (pri), can I reboot the WLC (pri) in a live enviroment? Because the APs have to be reachable all time! Is the WLC (Sec) running in active mode at this time of rebooting?

That command will switch it to the other device. Just confirm that the HA link cable between the two is up and running etc so that they can see each other as there was a reason that they failed over in the first place. Check the logs.

If you add the licence to the primary then fail it to the secondary you can reboot the primary without any downtime. The secondary will have an exact copy of what is happening on the primary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card