cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC how to back out of change?

Mottok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have accidentally clicked on the "Add Interface" button in the 'Interface Groups' section on our WLC. I added an interface that shouldn't be there and now when I try to remove it it says "interface group is being used by WLAN". I have NOT however saved or committed the changes, is there any way to reverse the change without having to go through the process of disabling the SSID to remove the interface?

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are two ways:

1. First disable the WLAN where you are using these interafce or interface groups. Then only you can remove it.

2. Another method is to go to the SSID and change the interface to "management". Then you are able to delete the dynamic interface before you delete the interface group.

In both case you will have WLAN outage for few seconds.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are two ways:

1. First disable the WLAN where you are using these interafce or interface groups. Then only you can remove it.

2. Another method is to go to the SSID and change the interface to "management". Then you are able to delete the dynamic interface before you delete the interface group.

In both case you will have WLAN outage for few seconds.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Many thanks for your quick reply. I am new to this so just to confirm - I just want to be able to remove this one Interface from the Interface group so I should use your first method (as the second one would mean removing the entire interface group)?

It's a shame you can;t roll back the changes, kind of defeats the purpose of a commit button I feel.

What a garbage user interface!  I have not even applied the change, but I have to take an outage to discard my changes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card