Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC login issue

abinaya.2.r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have  a AIR-CT2504-K9 WLC running 8.0.133.0 version. I was using local credentials to login to it.

But now, After entering TACACS authentication details, I changed the priority order on the WLC with first as tacacs and then local. On the TACACS server, by mistake the WLC details was not entered correctly.

Now, I am unable to login through local and tacacs aswell.

Could someone suggest any troubleshoot here?

12 Replies 12

If you haven’t saved the configuration of the WLC post these changes. Take a reboot of it (power cycle).

Also whats the wrong information entered on the TACACS?

Since its on TACACS, you can correct it on the TACACS.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Any other options other than reboot?

Also I tried changing on the TACACS server, But no luck. Looks like I need to enter the tacacs details again on the WLC?

Any other solution here?

If TACACS is still not working, what is the error you are getting on the TACACS logs.?

Regards,

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Take console of the WLC and login to it via local username and password.
Regards,

Will it work if I enter local credentials on console? I don't think so.

Remove the WLC ip from the tacacs. So that tacacs will get failed nd the local should start to work
Regards,

Already  removed the wlc entry form tacacs. no luck

Hi,

If you cannot get into your wlc, then the last option would be to reset the controller to default setting. You will need to reconfigure the controller from scratch.

To reset controller to default settings, follow the doc below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-0/configuration-guide/b_cg80/b_cg80_chapter_0110.html

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Try accessing through service port, you are not clear on what mistake you did on TACACS+ server ?

-hope this helps-

Yes. I am not sure what mistake was done on TACACS and WLC. I tried to remove the tacacs entry and readded again. Still no luck. Looks like I had a mistake done on WLC itself.

So Can i use Service port login using local credentials to work?

If you are lucky, yes. Otherwise you need to reset to factory defaults (if you have saved the configuration).

is there a way you can shutdown TACACS server or make it unreachable from WLC, till the time TACACS is reachable your local credential won't work based on how you have described the setting.

Service port has default IP of 192.168.1.1 unless you changed it during initial configuration, you can connect to service port with a laptop assign yourself an IP 192.168.1.2/24, try pinging it and try GUI.

-hope this helps-
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: