Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC LSC Device Certificate

Hi together,

i have a WLC with 8.5. Is there a guide, how to implement the LSC Device Certificate? Do i really Need this certificate? In 8.0 there is no Option for the Device Certificate, only CA.

Many thanks

Gordon

5 Replies 5

Hi,

You definitely don´t need Locally Significant Certificate (LSC). Unless you intend to mange the certificate that is distributed to your APs. 

If you are referring to a SSID with EAP-TLS,  all you need is a certificate installed on your RADIUS server and provisioned on your devices using some kind of MDM. The WLC itself will not play any role on this process as it accepts any kind of EAP method.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi. Thanks for your answer, but that was not the answer I searched for. I use LSC for my AP. I configured a CA certificate. Since software 8.x. I also have to provide a device certificate to enable LSC on the WIC. How do I get this?

Regards
Gordon

Hi 

I recommend this document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/110141-loc-sig-cert.html

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

As you see in the guide, you only have to provide a CA certificate. But since 8.x you have to configure a second certificate. A device certificate.

This is the problem

[image1.gif]

Has someone an idea?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card