Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Mobility Auto-Anchor Code Matrix

roxtonchapman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am involved with a project where I will be upgrading WiSM1s with WiSM2s and moving to the 7.2 code to support the funky new 3600 APs

The question I have is that there are some other foreign controllers of differing flavours 5508/4402 and maybe others that are tunnelled back to the WiSM1s and using these as an auto-anchor - So what are the compatibility options I have here for code support please?

I have been told there is a compatibility matrix but all I can find is the software compatibility matrix, but this does not have anchor specific code details. Maybe this means it dosen't matter but I know it had certain limitations in the past and is now opened up to differing code support since 5.2 (I think), but just not sure now whether things may change again given the next generation 7.2 code now being out.

Thanks

Rocky

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a good matrix guide. I have 5508's on the 7.2 anchoring to 4400's on 7.0.x with no issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thanks for that, I was hoping someone had already set it up!

I was looking at that matrix earlier but it didn't look right to me as according to the table it is supported back to 4.2? I am positive I read this feature only kicked in at 5.2.

Thanks again

Rocky

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Hi Scott,

My situation is little different, my new anchor is working on code 8.0.100.0 (2504) and old anchor is working on 7.0.230.0 (4400) along with 2100 series WLC. well these 2100 series also working on the same code 7.0.230.0. and they working fine in anchor and foreign WLC manner.

while migrating old 4400 anchor wlc i am not able to see data and control path up in new anchor as well in 2100 series WLCs.

mping done.

16666 is allowed.

97 is also allowed. 

I am not sure but i think there is a version is miss matched that why its not come up or is there any other reason.

Well the 2106 isn't supported as an anchor. The 4400 is supported. This link explains the controller support for initiating and termination of anchors.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/107458-wga-faq.html#qa4

Hope that helps explain things

-Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card