cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC4402 drops network connection

earlbwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 AIR-WLC4402-K9 devices at a remote location that will both drop their network connections some undetermined time after a reboot.  We cannot reach them via telnet, SSH or HTTP.  In fact, we cannot even ping them once they drop connection.  The only cure we've found so far is to power-cycle the controllers.  The controllers are in separate rooms and connected to separate switches.  We've confirmed the links are configured as trunks and have the correct speed/duplex settings.  I tried updating the IOS & boot loader on one of them but that had no effect on the problem. 

I've seen other posts on here related to this issue but so far there seems to be no solution.  Any help/advice is appreciated.

19 Replies 19

3 times today.  That was the original problem; the device would lose it's network connection and the only way to get it back was to reboot it.  Now when we have the SFP in port 2 the WLC remains connected but the APs will never join.  If we move the SFP to port 1 the APs join but after a short period (30 mins to 4 hours) the WLC will stop responding and we have to reboot.

BTW -- did you change both the managment and the AP manager to port 2  as primary ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

OMG - how could I have overlooked that?!?  Of course, I can't access the device right now but I'm sure that is the problem!  I totally forgot to change it in the AP manager I/F - DOH!!!

Ok, bring on the punishment... I deserve it!

Thanks,

Earl

No worries .. If you find any of this helpful please support the rating system ..

Thanks

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Just to let everyone know... the issue was actually multiple hardware failures in our controllers.  Each of them had a different failure that just happened to occur at the same time.  Thanks for all the suggestions!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card