Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC8500 WLC - HA Failure Simulation

Craig Le-Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Just running some tests on the 8500 running 7.6.120.0, one of the test was to simulate the HA box failing, by removing the layer 2 connection and shutting down the interface.

The test  bed APs were on the primary box and with test clients active, running skype, youtube and cont pings.

When we failed the HA, the cont ping to the primary box carried on pinging but lost all conectivity on the live box.

Even when we reconneected the HA layer 2 connection and brought the interface back up, the primary box still wouldn't allow clients till it was rebooted.

Looking on http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/High_Availability_DG.html#pgfId-43710 , doesn't mention this scenario.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

barryfowles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig,

I'm not sure whether you are doing AP SSO or N+1 but I suspect that your problem is the 7.6.120.0 code. There are many issues with this code version and I would recommend upgrading to 7.6.130.0 as a start.

Regards

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card