Views
Helpful
Replies

Zap performance testing tool

patrick.kofler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I wanted to ask if someone here might have a newer version of the Zap performance tool, which includes support for TCP connections?
The version available on the net (1.83) is a bit dated and does not have it.

Regards
Patrick

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It sounds like it does the same as iPerf.  iPerf is hugely popular.

Actually the are much different. IPfer does an average of time a bandwidth. Zap shows the amount of time bandwidth levels were achieved .. Check out the 802.11ac Cisco orland presentation. I shared my testing using zap with the module (3 years ago). 

You can you the regular server and speed flex app on iOS and so tcp. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I agree with George and I cannot stress enough that this tool is a must for every wirless engineer.

In the meantime I was fortunate enough to find an updated version, that supports TCP, which enables the testing of conventional notebooks as well. You can find the DL link in this forum post

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/outdoor-mesh-throughput-and-hops

Regards,
Patrick

Preliminary tests with the new zap version show a major discrepancy when it comes to TCP downlink when compared to the old version (Used android speedflex app for testing). Comparing each try with one another shows a consistent pattern though. I am going to do a packet analysis to see, if there is a link to this behaviour.

Hi Patrick,

It looks like the link is no longer valid to download Zap tool.  This will be great to test/tshoot wireless network issues we're having.  Is there anywhere else I can find this?  

JY

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: