cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ceiling mount for CIVS-IPC-5010?

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

What are you using to mount the CIVS-IPC-5010 in acoutical tile ceilings?

The SD cams have a kit

CIVS-IPCA-1007 or CIVS-IPCA-1008

What about the HD cams??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Michael,

Here is a link to third-party camera mounting accessories document which references this information:

http://wwwin.cisco.com/etg/physec/files/camera_accessories_thirdparty.pdf

On page 24, (Pelco’s mounts,) models EH2100 and EH2100P are offerings for Medium- to Large- size Pelco-based cameras (Cisco 5000 series.)

If this is not a viable soltuion for your install, Pelco offers a drop ceiling panel made of aluminum (2' x 2') as well as support rails.

In-Ceiling Domes
SD5-P 2' x 2' drop ceiling panel, aluminum
construction; replaces 2' x 2' ceiling tile
SCA1 Support rails for B5-F; for use in ceiling tile
applications

I hope that helps,

Jim

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Mike,

I must confess, I've never installed one of these cameras in a ceiling, it appears that the installation instructions show how to do it and everything you need comes with the camera.  I don't think you need to order anything else.  These instructions show the process for in-ceiling and surface mount.

Hope this helps,

Sean

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

Sean is correct in that our cameras may be mounted from suspended  ceilings without an added bracket.  I am hesitant to imply that all acoustical tile is sturdy enough to hold the 5010 suspended from only the spring loaded clips attached to the camera base however.

I posed that question of the BU and will update this thread once I have a definite answer.

Thanks for asking,

Jim

Hi Michael,

Here is a link to third-party camera mounting accessories document which references this information:

http://wwwin.cisco.com/etg/physec/files/camera_accessories_thirdparty.pdf

On page 24, (Pelco’s mounts,) models EH2100 and EH2100P are offerings for Medium- to Large- size Pelco-based cameras (Cisco 5000 series.)

If this is not a viable soltuion for your install, Pelco offers a drop ceiling panel made of aluminum (2' x 2') as well as support rails.

In-Ceiling Domes
SD5-P 2' x 2' drop ceiling panel, aluminum
construction; replaces 2' x 2' ceiling tile
SCA1 Support rails for B5-F; for use in ceiling tile
applications

I hope that helps,

Jim

Thanks. Do you know if anyone has used the EH2100 and EH2100P? The SD5-P is what I think I need on this op.