Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Camera 2521v - Stream not working

jmorris1234
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have a Cisco IP  Camera 2521v Dome model, and its plugged into my network (different VLAN, but same physical network), and I can access it by IP and log into it just fine.

Firmware Version:2.1.4
Hardware Version:
Sensor Firmware Version:Unknown

Cannot view video for the life of me.  Ran the Add-on when prompted.  When that didn't work, set the IP addy to Trusted sites with security = low.  Still no joy.  Forums don't seem to have much info on this older model, and the User's guide does not address this issue.  Driving me a bit crazy and I would love some help!

Sincerely,

James Tucker Morris

4 Replies 4

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hi James,

Are you saying that you cannot even view video when pointing your browser directly to the camera's web interface?  When you go to the camera's web interface, what exactly do you see?  It is just a blank, black video screen?  Do you see anything in it at all, like a small white dot or something?

Thank you,

Sean

Sean,

I mean it's literally just a blank black box.  I can see the whole console It flashes occasionally like a strobe light would.  Not as often as a strobe light, but definitely flashes.

You cannot change the resolution (seems permanently set to auto).  When you try to change the resolution - it changes immidiately back to auto, and then a white square border appears inside the black box.

See screen shot for what I can see (minus that wierd white border).

Sincerely,
James Tucker Morris

Have you tried to upgrade the cameras firmware to 2.1.6?

I have seen this before on a few 2530s particularly when its pretty cold outside. The way we get the stream going again is to go into the maintenance menu and do a reboot/restart, not a restore. If the stream still did not start try power failing the camera. Also it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the FW.