Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VSOM archiving issue

lee_jia_en
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All Experts,

Cisco VSOM server cannot archive video after a system hangs. I did a check on the storage space, the system still have more than 5TB of space. I did a system restart after the system hangs and the system could not archive videos only keep overwriting the one or two archival of that very day.

Please advise on how could I go about troubleshooting this archival issue.

Thank you.                  

3 Replies 3

cacravero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi lee

I'm using VSM 6.3.2.

I have the same problem in my system, according with my troubleshooting, if you have scheduled archives, once server hang up, the archives going to stop and they won't start until next valid date in the schedule.

I create motion event that archives images in case that server fails and schedules archives stop.

I notice that this going to be handle in a different maner in VSM 7.0, will see.

I hope this help you.

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

How much space do you have on the OS partition? Run df -h on the CLI to see it. If that part is full you will have all kinds of problems.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Dear All,

Is it normal to have the following event in ims.log file,

events like ims.log:2013-05-15 17:00:06.429 [ proxy(3819).p_XXXXXX_0 GL_UTIL=1 <1182> ] ERROR: missed 65531 RTP packet(s) [prev=41065, curr=41061]?

As the ims.log shown there's XXXXX numbers of RTP packets lost, does it caused the archiving issue or it may caused other issues?

Dear Cacravero,

My side is using 6.3.1 and the motion events are okay. We do not have scheduled archives.

Dear McWalter,

The OS partition used up 69% and the partition size is 10GB. But its not up to 80% or etc yet, will this cause the archiving not working?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: