cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIVS 4300 camera stream url

mark_nbsys
Level 1
Level 1

I am an application developer trying to add support for a Cisco video camera, CIVS 4300.  I am having trouble trying to connect to a video stream from the camera.  Can anyone tell me the url format to access the h265 or mjpeg stream over either rtsp or http?  The closest I have come to getting this to work was the following:

rtsp://username:password@IP_ADDR/StreamingSetting?version=1.0&action=getRTSPStream&sessionID=12345678&ChannelID=1&ChannelName=

Channel1

Where sessionID=12345678 needs to be replaced with the sessionID in the browser url after I login in to the camera.

This obviously is an untenable solution as the stream stops when the session times out.  Does any one know how to simply stream from this camera into something like VLC or is this camera designed to only work within a Cisco surveillance environment?

Thanks,

Mark

3 Replies 3

John Gillich
Level 1
Level 1

I use

rtsp://@/img/media.sav

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.  From searching the Internet, I believe the /img/media.sav is for cisco's standard definition cameras such as the PVC2300.  Have you tried this with the 4300?  Is there some configuration I need to do to enable this?  I'm sure not seeing it.

Thanks,

Mark

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mark,

I have streamed from a 4500 using the same method you used of aquiring the session ID, but the URL I added it to was the following:

rtsp://10.10.50.222:554/StreamingSetting?version=1.0&sessionID=12345678&act?i?on=getRTSPStream&ChannelID=1&ChannelName=Channel1&EncoderPort=0

I think this is the same process that the media server uses, so you should be able to use it to stream to anything.

Please follow up and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Sean