cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIVS-IPC-5011 and Outdoor Housing DF5-PG-E1

Zack Suhre
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone went through the process of mounting the 5011 hd camera in the Pelco Outdoor Housing DF5-PG-E1?  We cannot figure it out and can't seem to see any logical way it will work.  Any help would be beneficial.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bsteiner
Level 1
Level 1

Zack,

It's not as fun and easy as it sounds, but the 5000 series cameras do fit into the DF5 housings, but you need an ID-DF5 adapter that replaces the L shaped bracket in the housing. 

When you go to install the camera into the housing make sure the Heater/blower resides on top of the cameras plastic surround.  The surround pushes slightly against the H/B but it makes a good fit.  Also, I have had better luck by screwing down one side and then the other into the ID-DF5 bracket clips.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zack,

I see that this question remains unanswered.  Were you able to mount the 5011 in the DF5-PG-E1 Pelco housing?  I have posted internally to ask field support, TAC and PSBU if we have anyone with hands on experience mounting in that particular housing.

Thanks,

Jim

bsteiner
Level 1
Level 1

Zack,

It's not as fun and easy as it sounds, but the 5000 series cameras do fit into the DF5 housings, but you need an ID-DF5 adapter that replaces the L shaped bracket in the housing. 

When you go to install the camera into the housing make sure the Heater/blower resides on top of the cameras plastic surround.  The surround pushes slightly against the H/B but it makes a good fit.  Also, I have had better luck by screwing down one side and then the other into the ID-DF5 bracket clips.

Hope this helps.

I was able to get a document from cisco that was able to use the additional bracket and convert it to be able to use.

Thanks for the update, Zack.  I'm glad you were able to work through the install. 

I just published a document (with permission of the author, Shailesh Deshmukh) which details mounting instructions complete with pictures.  Hopefully this doc will answer future questions about installing a Cisco 5000 series camera in an outdoor mount.