Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIVS-IPC-7530PD Viewer not usable

I have two CIVS-IPC-7530PD cameras set up to monitor the exterior of the facility.  I can connect to the cameras and configure with no problems.  I cannot, however, get the viewer to work in IE11 Chrome 69 or Firefox 62.  I have loaded both QuickTime and VLC on the pc and enabled the plugins.  The documents recommend IE with ActiveX.  When I use this option the browser and OS will not install the CamerUIcontrollerV2.cab.  First because of the digital signature.  I have imported the cert and added the camera site to the trusted sites in IE.

I have downloaded the cab file and extracted to a directory and Windows indicates that it is corrupt.

Does anyone have a solution for these cameras to view the video feed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry that those tricks didn't work out for you. Another thing you can try is to download the .cab file directly to your desktop from the camera.

in your browser enter this https://x.x.x.x/utility/CameraUIControlV2.cab

replace the x.x.x.x with the IP of the camera. This will allow you to download the file directly to your computer.

Before you install again go to the control panel>programs and features and see if it is listed as one of the programs listed. If so uninstall it then go to the one you downloaded and install from there. Perhaps right click on the cab file and run as admin.

See if that works for you.

-N

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jsah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the Windows OS version? Try with IE-11,10 version and disable the pop-up blocker from the browser settings.

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

Try these 2 things if you have not already done so. 

1. When you get to the login screen of the camera, in IE11 go to the menu bar and click tools>compatibility mode and add the camera to compatibility mode. This works for me when I have your issue 99% of the time.

2. Right click on the IE11 icon and choose the run as administrator option on the menu. Sometimes the software won't install unless admin privileges have been given.

Try either of those or both and see if you are successful. 

I was not successful with those actions.  compatibility mode or Run As Administrator.  It seems to continually hangup on the CameraUIControlV2.cab?v2.5.1-5.  First it claims to have no digital signature, then when I attempt to download it as directed in the web page instructions, I am informed that it is corrupt.  The customer I am working with does not seem to have the license or entitlement to upgrade the firmware at this time either.

I'm sorry that those tricks didn't work out for you. Another thing you can try is to download the .cab file directly to your desktop from the camera.

in your browser enter this https://x.x.x.x/utility/CameraUIControlV2.cab

replace the x.x.x.x with the IP of the camera. This will allow you to download the file directly to your computer.

Before you install again go to the control panel>programs and features and see if it is listed as one of the programs listed. If so uninstall it then go to the one you downloaded and install from there. Perhaps right click on the cab file and run as admin.

See if that works for you.

-N