cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM - HID ICLASS RPK40 Reader

jbeechler
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a default reader template to use for a reader with a keypad, we have the reader portion working properly with

prox cards, but cannot seem to figure out how to use the PIN portion.  We try to edit the configuration page and it gives an

error that says we cannot use a PIN type reader with a 5 wire wiegand template selected.

Thanks for any help or links.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jeremy,

Have a look at this document and let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sean

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jeremy,

Have a look at this document and let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sean

That is exactly what I needed, thanks so much!

Thanks again for the information, we followed it step by step and are still having a problem.

It is acting like it is not getting any information from the keypad, when we bring up the event monitor

and scan a card, then hit the code in it says "unable to decode reader", but if we scan a card and just wait

it will say "credential timeout".  I was hoping you may have a few things to try.

Thanks!

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry, I don't have any other documentation on that reader.  The only other thing I can add is that a decode failure typically means that there is something wrong in the Primary Data section (ie. Encoding, number of bits, begin bit position, etc.).

I don't have one of those readers/keypads in my lab to test with either.  You may want to verify that data with the manufacturer or open a case with TAC for further assistance.

Thanks,

Sean

We figured it out, the last post you made led us in the right direction, it was the bits, we had to change it to 8 bit, had to look up the number of bits according to the part number of the reader on the HID Website.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Are you allowing access by the keypad only? Or is it a badge + code to gain entry.

Thanks

this is badge+pin which is working fine now after we changed the encoding bits to match the reader.